- Ensure kubectl and kustomize are installed.
- Ensure kind(greater than
v0.9.0+, or the latest version is preferred) is installed.
Setup hub and managed cluster
Run the following command to quickly setup a hub cluster and 2 managed clusters by kind.
curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/open-cluster-management-io/OCM/main/solutions/setup-dev-environment/local-up.sh | bash
If you want to setup OCM in a production environment or on a different kubernetes distribution, please refer to the Start the control plane and Register a cluster guides.
What is next
Now you have the OCM control plane with 2 managed clusters connected! Let’s start your OCM journey.
- Deploy kubernetes resources onto a managed cluster
- Visit kubernetes apiserver of managedcluster from cluster-proxy
- Visit integration to check if any certain OCM addon will meet your use cases.
- Use the OCM VScode Extension to easily generate OCM related Kubernetes resources and track your cluster